What is a Furnace Tune-Up?
Working with an ARS / Rescue Rooter specialist is all about collaboration. In addition to stepping in when you need emergency furnace repair, we aim to keep your heating system safe and healthy in between those unexpected complications.
We recommend annual furnace tune-ups to make sure that your heating system is ready for the cold months ahead, especially if it’s been sitting dormant all year. An ARS / Rescue Rooter furnace tune-up can:
- Purify your home’s air
- Lower your utility bills
- Avoid breakdowns
- More evenly distribute warm air
- Maximize your system’s efficiency
- Better understand your heating system
ARS / Rescue Rooter Furnace Checklist
When your ARS / Rescue Rooter furnace expert visits for a tune-up, there are a few set tasks that they will complete. Each one ensures that you are getting the most energy from your system with the least amount of fuel. The checkup also provides peace of mind that your system is running safely and successfully to avoid any surprises during the winter.
- Blower compartment cleaning: Clears away dust and build-up from your blower so it runs more efficiently and saves energy and money
- Filter cleaning and replacement: It is necessary to clean or change your HVAC filter to ensure proper airflow and keep your home free of allergens. We offer a list of high-performance filters to clean specific elements from your home’s air.
- Wiring inspection: We will ensure that the crucial wiring of your furnace is properly installed and tightened to avoid errors during the winter.
- System cleaning: We can clean and adjust your burner, heat exchanger, flame operation, ignitor, and gas pressure.
- Ductwork inspection: We ensure your vents are properly lined up with your system for efficiency.
Get to Know Your Furnace and Heating System
A furnace tune-up with an ARS / Rescue Rooter team expert is also a great time to ask questions about your heating system. We can help you understand your specific model and design, as well as ways to improve efficiency if you’re considering an upgrade. After all, every home needs a heating system tailored to the specific space and your family’s lifestyle. We can even suggest smart home upgrades like Nest Thermostats so you can keep a closer eye on your energy use.
A furnace tune-up is a great first step to getting to know your team, especially if you’re new to your city or in need of a new plumbing, heating, or cooling team. Give us a call today to hear more about how our preventive services can help lower your bills and better understand your home.